The bible says in Matthew 7:15 to beware of wolves in sheep’s clothing. Here’s a list of 6 false prophets that you must absolutely be on alert for and avoid at all cost..
1. Decaf Coffee – Really, what’s the point? It looks and smells like real coffee. But beware, if you hope to get the same effect it will let you down.
2. Garden gnomes – They will not save you money when you travel
3. Diet soda (Really diet anything) – Have you seen the list of chemicals in diet sodas? Since, the ingredients will kill you, you might as well enjoy a regular Coke without the ungodly after-taste.
4. Tofu – C’mon, if vegetarians were so convinced that tofu is better than real meat, then why do they have meat flavored tofu? Mmmm bacon flavored, colorless, spongy bean curd.
5. Spanxs – Do I really need to go into this one? If you are big and beautiful, either change or be happy with being big and beautiful.
6. White people and dreadlocks – White folks, you are my brothers and sisters in Christ and I love you dearly, but your hair was not made to dread. I’m sorry, we’re just different and that’s nothing to be ashamed of.
Of course I’m just joking. But I was surfing the net one day and Googled “False Prophets” I found so called false prophets in every stream of ministry. Kingdom ministers including Bill Johnson, Benny Hinn, Rick Warren, Joel Osteen, TD Jakes, Kirk Cameron, Ray Comfort, John Piper, and John Macarthur to name a few. There are actually people out there that believe it is their duty to point all the false doctrines out there. God does say that we are to be the judge and test all things, and it has been written that false teachers will be among us, but with such a broad context you’ve got to question our judgement. With so many people crying wolf, will we be able to spot the real thing?